Gathering Feedback

I’ve finished production on a draft of A Dance in the Lamplight and I’ve sent copies to a few key people to get feedback. While I’m still waiting for some of the responses, the feedback I’ve gotten so far makes it clear that I have a bit of work to do.  I’m not sure how soon I’ll have a product that I’m comfortable releasing, but at the very least I want to address the concerns raised to the best of my ability. It’s an interesting challenge, and I’ll see what I can do…

And on to production…

I’m happy to say that all of the lines have been submitted by the voice actors for A Dance in the Lamplight, and that I can finally begin with the production process. I’m quite pleased with the individual deliveries of the lines, but I haven’t gotten around to mixing anything yet. I don’t know how they’ll sound side by side. I’m optimistic, though. One day I hope to record with a group in a live studio setting, but for now I’m looking forward to the challenge of dealing with remote recordings.

I don’t know how long it will take to finish the whole play, since I haven’t produced anything of this scale before. Prior to this, my longest projects have been one minute commercials. (EDIT: It’s worth noting this was only done in a classroom setting, not professionally.) A Dance in the Lamplight is not a long audio drama, however, and I hope to be done within the next two weeks. Stay tuned…